Date: Every Sunday
Time: 7AM to 1PM
Venue: Lebuh Pantai, Lebuh Bishop, Lebuh Gereja & Gat Lebuh Gereja
Project Occupy Beach Street initiatives temporarily close streets to automobile traffic so that people may use them for healthy and fun physical activities like walking, jogging, biking dancing and social activities.
Project Occupy Beach Street divides the current “Car Free Day” into 4 unique Zones. Each different zone will be supported by different activities. Activity providers will encourage to brighten up the route and to help meet the many physical activities and community – building goals associated with Project Occupy Beach Street. In exchange for their participation, activity providers were able to publicize their organization and business with no cost or very low cost.
1. To promote Penang as an eventful tourist destination.
2. To uplift the business growth in Georgetown area.
3. To create a safe platform for the public to view the Heritage area.
4. To popularize the idea of healthy living.
5. To emphasise the importance of social interaction.
6. To create further awareness on the Eco Friendly Concept.
7. To introduce and promote local creation.
source from: Tourism Penang